A regular cleaning program will assist in keeping your floors looking at their best for longer. An electrostatic mop should be used to sweep up dust and dirt from your floor. In addition your floors will benefit from a damp mop only. Never wet or steam mop a timber floor as you can introduce moisture which may result in excessive movement or cupping. Harsh detergents or abrasive cleaners are also to be replaced with a neutral PH wood floor cleaning product such as the BONA SPRAY MOP.
Here are some more tips.
- Wait for 3 days before moving furniture onto your floor.
- Place felt pads under all chairs and furniture.
- Keep door mats clean and in good condition.
- Promptly clean all spills and leaks.
- Reduce intense direct sunlight with tinting or window coverings.
- Wait a least 1 month before placing rugs.
- Rotate rugs as floor will fade, darken or change shades over time.
- Refinish your floor before it wears through to avoid sanding costs.
Please feel free to call if you would like any advice on how to best care for your floor.